Placemaking Workshops Schedule 2015
Most Monday evenings, April 20-August 10
at EcoHouse@Fertile Ground – 911 Adams, Olympia
- 6pm, April 20: Introduction to Placemaking and the 2015 Olympia VBC
- 6pm, April 27: Introduction to the Heart and Soul of Placemaking and the 2015 Olympia VBC
- 6pm, May 4: Project Planning and Design Lab
1-week Break for Neighborhood Potlucks – Plan yours today! No Class May 11
- 6pm, May 18: Resiliency – social capital (community collaboration), skill sharing (community education), energy & food security. Introduction to neighborhood organizing.
Bonus Event! May 22, Community Potluck Event
An evening with City Repair and the OlyVBC (Time & LocationTBD)
1-week break for Neighborhood Potlucks – No Class May 25 celebration of Memorial Day.
- 6pm, June 1: Neighborhood Organizing and Collaboration – outreach, resources, communication, documentation – several successful local organizers invited
Optional Class, Date/Time TBD by Doodle: Codes, Permits and working with City/County Agencies – with Amy Buckler, senior planner, City of Olympia::
1 week break for Neighborhood Potlucks – No Class June 8
Project Application Support – Appointments available, 3pm – 7pm June 8, Daniel Cherniske* and Placemaking Committee Liaisons
- 6pm, June 15: Designing Great Places – Community collaborative design, sketching to scale, engaging design help – with local designers and placemakers (invited): Project Application Support 3pm – 6pm by appt.
- 6pm,June 22: Project management; Timelines, budget, contracts – with Daniel Cherniske (excel, Google Docs)
- 6pm, June 29: Fundraising and Sourcing materials for your project, renewable materials in your design – with OlyVBC fundraising and placemaking leads
- 6pm July 6: Communicating within Community – knowing your neighbors, outreach, effective communication skills – several successful local organizers invited
- 11am – 8pm, Sat. July 18: Full-Day Retreat with Philosophy, Design, Logistics, and Celebration!
- 6pm July 20, July 27, Aug 3, Aug 10: Monday Workshops continue, general project support, specific topics TBD*